OsmAnd is what made me think of it. I'm using that for directions a lot now, and it's common these days to give a postcode to plug into a sat nav, but they frequently don't work in OsmAnd.

I was somewhat surprised that it hadn't already been done, and I accept all the reasons for not doing it.

I'll look into alternatives.

Russ