From: Simon Ritchie [mailto:simonritchie...@gmail.com]
Sent: 09 October 2019 12:32
To: Russ Garrett
Cc: Talk GB
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] accurate GPS

> You're not going to find a (publically-accessible) physical location which
> has better location error than 1m or so.

That was the kind of conclusion that I was coming to.  There's the meridian
line at Greenwich, but that only gives one coordinate.  It's a pity that they
don't have a crosshair with a published position.

I think that the only way forward may be to get hold of another accurate GPS
device and compare results.  Unfortunately, the others tend to be quite
expensive.  Trimble have a cheap deice called the Catalyst, but you still have
to buy their correction service at £300 per month.

If I did have such a device I could to my local trig points, get  accurate
positions and publish them.  I could use those data to test and calibrate my
"budget" solution.

Regards

Simon