Remember that features in OpenStreetMap are not only useful for finding
those features.

If you know a region has the pickup lockers all mapped, you could do
analysis such as density of their locations (do they favour more expensive
neighbourhoods, or how accessible are they by traffic-free cycle routes,
and so forth). You could even start looking at history of where they've
been removed or how they've increased in number. This is not so possible by
the list you select from when making a purchase.

Gregory.