Hey, OSM Ireland has started a project to map all the buildings on the
island of Ireland, using the modified HOT tool to break out the country
into squares. As we go on we are rolling out different areas to map.
Currently County Down in N.I is available to map. We aim to have every
building at least marked as building=yes, and more specific tagging at the
mappers discretion. Have a look here. https://tasks.openstreetmap.ie/ and
don't worry you can map anywhere on the island..... :) :)

For those interested in high quality mapping drone imagery Newry taken over
by the council and opened by community activism. See my tutorial below.

"To access this wonderful imagery in Newry go to www.openaerialmap.org,
make an account, type Newry in the search, zoom into the middle of the
town, pick a tile and look for Conor Graham in the left hand side column,
and click on the photo to load the imagery. There is a button to open it in
the ID editor.

The open in JOSM link doesn't add the imagery as a new layer, so to do
this, look for the copy TMS link, click on it once, go to JOSM, then
imagery, preferences, add TMS. Put the link in the top box, name the
tileset in the bottom box. Import the data layer from openstreetmap.org as
normal and select the new name from the drop down menu in imagery. It may
take awhile for it to load, they are very detailed!"

Taduesz Cantwell
OSM Ireland