These toids are for the name rather than the physical street - I'm not
interested in toids in general. It is their potential utility in
disambiguating streets which I'm interested in (although as the Derby Road
case I cited is one I'm particularly interested in - it splits multiple
times, has dual carriageway sections, residential service roads, and even
has a residential service road with a different name
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/6638464#map=17/52.94433/-1.19583> but
addresses belong to the main road - is not split on historical boundaries
not quite as useful as I hoped). Where there is contiguity of the road
segments they can be merged on name alone, but where they are splits - not
just roundabouts - it can be harder to automatically merge the correct
elements. Other examples might be Denman Street in Radford
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/52.9575/-1.1740> & Alfred Street in St
Ann's <https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/52.96216/-1.14852> both split
into many sections by 1970s re-development. House numbers continue to
reflect that these were once a single street even if the individual
sections have extension names (I presume the street name toids are
different in these cases).

Wrt to UPRNs not referring to streets. This location
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/52.96216/-1.14852> on Robert's site
shows several UPRNs on streets:

   - 10009154384 on Averton Square
   - 10009156248 at start of Longore Square
   - 10009156248 at E end of Fairham Drive

The other non-building UPRNs are the substation in Orston Spinney (verified
as also present in the Asset Register open data) and the secret allotments
(possibly disused or sold as no-longer in the Asset Register) behind
Averton Square.

The land was in medieval times part of the open field system of Sutton
Passeys, a village deserted by the 16th century. It was emparked by the
Willoughby family around 1580 when Wollaton Hall was built, and enclosed by
a wall by Lord Middleton early in the 19th century (part of his defences
against Luddites & others). The land was acquired by Nottingham Council in
the early 1920s
<https://www.lentontimes.co.uk/back_issues/issue_1/issue_01_01.htm> when
they built the current housing estate. There is an Elizabethan mining adit
or sough built to drain the Willoughby collieries
<http://www.healeyhero.co.uk/rescue/individual/Bob_Bradley/Bk-1/1500.html>
at Wollaton running somewhere in the vicinity, but other than that no
historical properties in the lifetime of the Ordnance Survey.

I therefore think these UPRNs must refer to the roads.

Jerry