If your wishing to socially distance, Sunday lunchtime/afternoon seems a strange time to do it.

On 23/08/2020 13:43, Nick Whitelegg wrote:

Hello everyone,

Some of you are aware of this, but we (David Greenwood of TrekView and myself) are organising a Panorama Mapping Party on September 13th (Sunday) 11.00 meeting at Ashurst New Forest station (hourly trains from Waterloo assuming no engineering work or other disruption).

This is a postponed event originally due to take place in May. The idea is to capture 360 panoramic imagery of all (or as many as possible in the time-frame) the footpaths in the Ashurst area, of which there are many. If you have your own 360 camera or phone capable of taking 360 photos (e.g. Photo Spheres with the Google Camera installed) then bring it along, otherwise there will be a limited number of 360 camera packs available to borrow for the event.

This imagery will be used in the Trek View project (trekview.org) and will also be uploaded to OpenTrailView, my own 100% open-source project to capture 360 panoramas of walking trails (see e.g. https://www.opentrailview.org/?id=9900); source code https://gitlab.com/nickw1/opentrailview.

In order to allow social distancing, we're looking at a max of 10-12 at the event and to split up into groups of between 1 and 3.

I myself hope to be there, but may need to travel abroad in September, but if not, Dave will be on hand to help!

You need to book a place; see
https://campfire.trekview.org/t/new-forest-pano-party-rescheduled-sunday-13th-september/325
for more details, or email myself or David at dgreemw...@trekview.org for more details.

Thanks,