On 02/05/16 21:56, Rob Nickerson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Tickets for State of the Map 2016 are now on sale. Get yours before the
> price goes up (to EUR 100)!

Sadly, this cost is too high to justify attending. I care about OSM, and
I have been a silent contributor for years, but spending on plane
tickets, acommodation, and on top of that 75-100 EUR to attend the
conference, is just too much money for this little hobby of mine.

I think it is a sad state when most libre projects I care about charge
its own volunteers to gather and improve the community, specially when
corporate sponsors could be offsetting this cost. OSM is far from the
only one, I am just writing this because I am getting increasingly
annoyed by the situation.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)