Hi,

Please don't correct this error until we know what is happening. :)

Of late, I've noticed some mapping errors, e.g. a node on a road that has been
dragged off-road by a few hundred metres. When I check the last edit, it might
not have been edited in 5 years. I thought it implausible that such obvious
errors would remain in place for so long. Indeed, I had sometimes edited in the
area and would have thought that I would have spotted an obvious error (I
readily admit I make errors also). Many of the issues are thrown up by OSMI
http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/

Today, using OSMI, I see that the car park in Kilkenny train station is wonky,
but it hasn't been changed in two years. The boundary wall hasn't been edited
in 4 years. The thing is, I viewed that area recently (I don't recollect why)
and had to do a forced refresh of the browser (Ctrl F5) of the area to make the
background map match the object outline. Several users have edited in the area
in recent years and surely one of us would have spotted the error.
Interestingly, the car park is now attached to a node for a shop.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/216942338 Edited about 4 years ago by Vincent
de Phily Version #2 · Changeset #20131140

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/100847087 Edited about 2 years ago by
wheelmap_visitor Version #7 · Changeset #35421480

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1165425462 Edited 6 days ago by Reilsky
Version #4 · Changeset #55504147

It may be justifiable for the last edit date not to be updated where an object
within a relation is edited, but the relation itself isn't edited.

Any thoughts?

Colm

PS Thanks to OSMI people for the service they provide. :)