We checked Bhuvan today to get some idea.  We found that they also use
Id editor for community contributions.

We are trying to get the high resolution satellite maps from ISRO for
school and college mapping projects that we are currently doing.

If openstreetmap.in would like to get the satellite maps from
Bhuvan/ISRO, what do we need from them?  Do they have an API to pull
them as background maps?  We may need them mostly while editing.  Since
Id editor is already used by them, I am wondering they may already be
using OSM software stack.

Was there any history of osm community seeking data from ISRO?

suggestions and tips welcome!
--
GN