My feedback on the current state of the proposal:

# Admin Boundaries

This looks good overall. The important aspect about admin boundaries is
that they are fairly static and do not change unless through legislation.
Is this understanding correct?

I would correct the admin_level values to closely match the same values
used for countries around the world[1]. 2=national, 4=state, 6=district,
8=sub district, 10=revenue village (The odd numbers used for any groupings
in between)

# Political Boundaries

Boundaries defined by the election commission and redrawn after each census
by the Delimitation Commission [2]. The list currently covers the
parliament and assembly constituencies, but no boundaries for local bodies.

These boundaries do not coincide with administrative boundaries, except
maybe at the state level (admin_level=4)

# Self governance boundaries

These are technically political boundaries for self governance, according
to the Panchayati Raj system[3] and Municapal bodies.

This is currently divided into rural and urban boundaries, but can probably
be conflated together. It might also make sense to use a political_division
value that matches the admin boundaries:

Rural:
6=district/zilla panchayat, 8=block/subdistrict/mandal panchayat,
10=village/gram panchayat, 11=neighbourhood/ward gram sabha

Urban:
6=city/town municipal body, 8=sub city/municipal zones, 10=suburb/municipal
ward, 11=neighborhood/colony mohalla

Jaisen, would be great to hear your feedback on this.

[1]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative#10_admin_level_values_for_specific_countries
[2] http://eci.nic.in/delim/Acts/acts.asp
[3] http://www.panchayat.gov.in/ebook/