Overpass has a useful function to query historic data using the data
parameter. It also supports a CSV output.

Putting them together, this query will give a CSV of the OSM id and names
of banks and atms: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/sms . This should hopefully
match the spreadsheet and be useful for such tasks in future.

Theres also a super handy script to update data from a CSV to OSM
https://github.com/srividyacb/osm-name-translation. It was mainly created
to update translations, but this seems like a good use case as well. We
should just get consensus that we want to do this.