God dag islendinger,

I have thought of sending this email for some time, so here it is.

There are about 120 natural=fjords in OSM and most of them are around Iceland. See https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/xLM

Would any of you object if I change these natural=fjords to natural=bay and add bay=fjord? Or possibly if someone at Iceland can fix this?

There was some discussion about this at the Norwegian list in 2016 https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Flists.nuug.no%2Fpipermail%2Fkart%2F2016-January%2F005860.html&edit-text=&act=url .

The result was an agreement that fjord is a subtype of bay and instead of fighting to get fjords rendered in the map tagging them as suggested here would fix everything.

There is a github issue open for the default map style (carto) https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/788 related to rendering fjords

/FredrikLindseth

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:FredrikLindseth

Norway