I think the current font used in the Carto rendering is not readable. That's why i submitted a bug to the carto style:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/2204
please add your voice.

On 2015년 11월 01일 20:45, Max wrote:
There seems to be some momentum in the development for the rendering of
the main OSM style osm carto.

Have you noticed any oddities or bugs in Korea?

Maybe it's a good time to sumbit a ticket to change the horrible font
for Korean? What do you suggest? The Nanum Gothic from Naver is under a
free license and is AFAIK the only suitable candidate.

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto
Is the place to post issues. I could do that but wanted your input for
anything font related.

m.