Hi 느림보 and thank you for joining this maproulette challenge.
I am the author of it.

The original nodes have the format
name=라라교 (Lalakyo)
name:en=Lalakyo
name:ko_rm=Lalakyo

My intention was not to lose any information which is already there. Upon discussion on the list, it was discouraged to do translations into English. On the wiki, it is discouraged to do transliterations.

So my thinking was to change as little as possible while preserving as much information from the original import as possible. So above example would become

junction=yes
name=라라사거리
name:ko=라라사거리
name:ko_rm=Lalasagori

off cause the ko_rm really is a legacy key/value, I left it there out of respect for those who want it there and put it there in the first place. I removed :en because it is in 99 % identical with ko_rm and was not English in the first place. ko_rm is not a requirement, but it is information which is already there.

I'm against putting the "English" version ther which you can find on Korean Street signs. In your example (the linked photo) it's Yeongdonggyo(Br) which is a horrible butchery of language. First of all there is a missing space before the parenthesis and then it is kind of like "Yeongdong bridge (Bridge)" On the pircture there is no translation or romanization for the junction (Interesting, everything else is sort of translated)

Anyways, since there is currently no map that uses a mechanical way to do the romainzations, I would say that it maks sense to give those legacy manually transliterated idioms a home and put them in the database. Not ideal, but out of respect for those who were reluctant to to remove the "English" from the name= in the first place and also it is similar to how it is in Japan and other places.

Translating to English is tricky. Is it a junction, intersection, crossroad or crossroads? I don't want to make this descision. Is a 시장삼고리 a Sijang Crossroad or a Market intersection? Honestly, I think this task is impossible.

Max