Maning, Ian,

Sure, glad to help.

It would be easiest for me to import directly from the GNS data since I have
that and the import script all set up, but let me just check I understand.  The
objective is to import island names as nodes, e.g. place=island, name=xyz -
i.e. just nodes not coastline ways with island name attached.  And is there any
extra info or edits in gnet_islands_ph.zip ? I know for example that the GNS
coordinates are very course so names for small islands (less than 2km across)
may not be accurately placed.

Mike