We are pleased to announce the new release (20090913) of the OSM-PH
Garmin GPS Map.  This release is another important milestone for the
OSM-PH Garmin GPS Map project.

This the second release who graduated from our new release cycle.  The
general release cycle is every two months (1 month for pre-release
testing and 1 month for the regular release). Thanks to all those who
tested and provided feedback.

What's new in this release
 - data as of 20090912, thanks to all the 292 contributors
 - 42,900 ++ kilometers of roads
 - new map design
  -- thinner consistent road style
  -- smaller two-tone POI icons
 - a lot more POIs
 - more polygons
 - new towns/cities mapped
 - compiled with mkgmap version 1173

Known bugs:
 - Address search is not working
 - No polygon for sea areas
 - POI icons not visible using 3D mode in some units

See my blog for a visual log of this release:
http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/2009/09/12/new-osm-ph-garmin-map-release-sept-200909/

Before installing the new maps, please remove the previous OSM-PH
Garmin GPS Map following the instructions here:
http://esambale.wikispaces.com/remove_mapsource_mapset

To download the maps, go here:

http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin

Other experimental GPS maps are also available:
http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin#toc5

As usual for data problems, go fix it at:
http://www.openstreetmap.org.

For bug reports, post a message either at the wiki discussions page:
http://esambale.wikispaces.com/message/list/home

Or via our svn/trac site:
https://free2.projectlocker.com/maning/osm_ph_garmin_map/trac/wiki

You need to login first, use this generic account.
username: osmphgps AT gmail DOT com
password: osmphgps

Enjoy!

cheers,