maning sambale wrote, On Monday, 07 June, 2010 01:39 PM:
> I have been reviewing estimated time of arrival (ETA) for garmin gps
> routing.  I noticed that as Sehested reported, the speed calculation
> is over-optimistic.  Due to the absence of complete maxspeed data in
> PH streets,

I think the reason they don't have maximum speed data is because there's no way
anyone will ever reach it! I read somewhere that the average traffic speed in
Makati is 12 km/h. Which means you might as well tag them all with Type 0.

Suggesting a new slogan for Makati; "Normal rules don't apply"

Jim

PS. OK yes, I know that the max speed data is used to calculate the fastest
possible time. Just having a bit of fun here.