Perhaps the waypoint categorizations done at waypointsdotph can be useful
here ...

Like, we actually have a classification on historical landmarks as follows:

http://waypoints.ph/gallery_gen.php?cat=NHL

I can easily modify it or add a category for waypoints with historical
markers.  Would this help so that we do not have to reinvent the wheel?

ed

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:15 PM, maning sambale <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Ambeth Ocampo requested photos for the historical markers we mapped
> last weekend (green team found 2).
>
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ambeth-R-Ocampo/47261762634?v=wall&story_fbid=426193237634
>
> I am thinking we create some custom map for the NHI markers with
> pictures and descriptions.  Then, continue adding more data as we
> encounter them in the future.  A good micro project to help NHI and
> promote historical awareness through maps.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> cheers,
> maning