Hi Noli,

You may want to fire up a bit your josm using this little tweak
        > java -Xmx512m -jar josm-latest.jar

I installed the "imagery" plugin instead, and its working great you may
give it a try (a josm restart is necessary after installing a new
plugin).

After that, just simply download map from osm (3rd from left on the menu
icons), box your area of interest (not so large otherwise you get an
error).  By default it will download only osm data but i suggest you
tick the "raw gps data" to pull the gps data from the db as well.  After
both were download, click "Imagery" from the main menu then choose Bing
Sat.  Now you're good to go :)

Anthony