From: maning sambale <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Subject: announced streets are wrong for abbreviated street names on nuvi
To: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-...@lists.mkgmap.org.uk>

Not exactly an mkgmap issue, but I would like to point this out when
mapping for OSM.  Using nuvi text-to-speech feature, some abbreviated
street names are announced with some kind of default words.

i. e.,
 - "St. Thomas"  which should be "Saint Thomas" was announced as "Street Thomas"
 - "E. Rodriguez" which should be "Eulogio Rodriguez "was announced as
"East Rodriguez"

--
cheers,
maning