The OrbView-3 imagery outlines are available in my github fork of
Eugene's imagery coverage map:
http://maning.github.com/Imagery_Coverage_Map/

Hover on the layer controller and click the OrbView-3 layer.  Note
that while some OrbView-3 is imagery overlaps with Bing and is more
than 5 years old, you can still find a good number of gems to trace
for OSM.

Again, big tanks to jgc for making this imagery available to us.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks jgc!  This will surely increase coverage particularly in the
> Visayas islands.
>
> On Jun 4, 2012 4:58 PM, "Jean-Guilhem Cailton" <j...@arkemie.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A TMS tile service with 233 OrbView-3 images of the Philippines (1 m
>> resolution, panchromatic images with less than 20% cloud cover, L1Gst
>> level processed, shot between 2003 and 2007), made freely available by
>> USGS, is available. It can be useful in some areas where no high
>> resolution Bing imagery is available.
>>
>> You can preview the images here:
>> http://osm.arkemie.org/ousm/philippines/?layers=0B00TFFTF
>>
>> To use in JOSM, add in your TMS preferences:
>>
>> tms[19]:http://osm.arkemie.org/cgi-bin/tiles/1.0.0/philippines/{zoom}/{x}/{y}
>>
>> (To add it, open the "WMS/TMS" tab in the preferences dialog, click on
>> "+", select the TMS tab, give a layer name and copy the above address in
>> "web address").
>>
>> To use in Potlatch2, add in custom background:
>> http://osm.arkemie.org/cgi-bin/tiles/1.0.0/philippines/$z/$x/$y
>>
>> As with Bing images, it is recommended to check and adjust alignment
>> with GPS tracks before tracing.
>>
>> You can see also:
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OrbView-3#Available_in_editors
>>
>> I intend to further enhance the contrast for images that include clouds
>> later, but I won't have time to do it this week.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Jean-Guilhem
>>
>> --
>> gpg 0x5939EAE2