 From: maning sambale <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com>
To: osm-ph <talk-ph@openstreetmap.org>
Cc: Kate Chapman <kate.chap...@hotosm.org>; Mikel Maron <mikel_ma...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, 6 December 2012 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: [talk-ph] Typhoon Pablo (Bopha)

Dear everyone,

Collecting some news related to the recent Typhoon Pablo/Bopha.
Provinces that was heavily affected are Compostela Valley and Davao
del Norte [0].

There are several crowdsourcing mapping initiatives happening around,
I listed them and other map resources in my blog [1].

If you are interested to participate in some initiatives, I urge you
to join the Crisis Mapper's Standby Task Force for geolocating and
classifying tweets and photos which will be used for UN's disaster
response [2 and 3].

Related to OSM, most of what was covered by Bing in Eastern Mindanao
has a good coverage for roads.  However, one important natural feature
we sorely lack in these areas are natural features like rivers which
are important data for such kind of disasters.  I encourage you all to
include river and waterways in your mapping list.

Of course there is the usual donations for relief operations.

[0] http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=7.358&lon=126.259&zoom=11&layers=M
[1] http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/typhoon-pablo-bopha-map-sources/
[2] http://irevolution.net/2012/12/05/help-microtask-pablo/
[3]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArYTPzrmJuWWdGZjb2ZXSTluaFQ3cko3S2k1dllNbVE#gid=4

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reminding jgc.
>
> I found an area whom I suspect as a small-scale mining operation and
> potentially a geohazard area:
>
> http://maning.github.com/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#7.818396,126.184979,17
>
> (Select osm.arkemie.org as the satellite layer)
>
> Can someone familiar with the area confirm?
>

> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Jean-Guilhem Cailton <j...@arkemie.com> wrote:
>> Le 04/12/2012 03:01, maning sambale a écrit :
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Hope all are mappers in Visayas and Mindanao are safe and dry.  If you
>>> need help with remote mapping, let us know.
>>>

>> Dear All,
>>
>> For what is worth, this is a reminder that there is a strip of OrbView-3
>> imagery available over part of Compostela Valley, east of New Bataan,
>> that includes areas not covered by Bing in high resolution, and covers
>> some roads and villages unmapped in OSM.
>>
>> For example:
>> http://osm.arkemie.org/ousm/philippines/?zoom=14&lat=7.55219&lon=126.12762&layers=0B00TFFTF
>>
>> JOSM TMS URL :
>> tms:http://osm.arkemie.org/cgi-bin/tiles/1.0.0/philippines/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.jpg