Whoa, are you sure you guys want to go to Birmingham? ;-)

But kidding aside, if we do actually manage to raise say, a couple of thousand
dollars locally for mapping, wouldn't that money be better spent buying mapping
equipment for use here, rather than sending someone to Birmingham? I'm
thinking, off the top of my head:

 - Some sort of aerial photo rig for mapping provincial areas. Remote control
plane, balloon etc.
 - Buying imagery from imagery suppliers. Perhaps they'd entertain a discount
for non-profits.
 - Buying GIS data from the people hoarding it here.
 - Lobbying government departments to help.
 - More GPStoGo pool units.

And if that sort of approach catches on, then maybe we could use
<http://www.kickstarter.com/> to crowdsource the funding. For example.

Jim

--

   datalude: information security