I'm using Etrex 30 for my mapping expeditions. However I cant compare to
any handhelds as this is the first I had.
So far so good with digital compass and barometer. Screen is highly visible
even in bright sunlight. Battery (using NiMH AA) lasts roughly 20 hours of
continuous use.

Tracing can be selected for time (upto 1-sec) point trace or distance (upto
.01km)

has microSD slot. USB 1.0 interface (mini-usb)

Waterproof until 1 meter

--
Ervin M.
*Schadow1 Expeditions* - A Filipino must not be a stranger to his own