A few days ago, I noticed that an Allied Bank branch nearest to my place is now
a PNB branch. I believe that the changes are part of a plan to integrate
operations between PNB and Allied Bank after the merger[1].Thus, the need for a
mechanical edit to make the needed changes.

Affected areas: Places with a (former) Allied Bank branch. Based on an Overpass
turbo query, there are 123 branches in OpenStreetMap[2] (one branch in
Tagbilaran, Bohol is now mapped as a PNB branch).

Planned tagging schema for PNB (formerly Allied Bank) branches:
amenity=bank
name=PNB
operator=Philippine National Bank
old_name=Allied Bank

Optional tags
atm=yes
branch= [name of branch]

How will I edit: I got an OSM data extract of Allied Bank branches in many
parts of the country via overpass turbo. I intend to create five changesets for
this edit (one for Visayas and Palawan, one for Mindanao, one for Metro Manila,
two for Luzon). I also intend to add, change (is_in:*=* to addr:*=*) and remove
some tags in the process (cmt=*, desc=*, designation=*, sym=* among others)

Planned edit date: October 27, 2013

Feel free to make comments/suggestions concerning my planned mechanical edits
in this thread.

[1] see merger announcement at
http://www.pnb.com.ph/images/stories/docs/merger_advisory.pdf (alternate copy
at