Ervin already fixed it but here's the steps in JOSM:

1. Select all the ways that you want to split off from the main relation.
2. Double click on the relation in the tags pane. This should bring up the
relation editor with the selected ways highlighted.
3. Click on the trash icon on the relation members pane to remove the
selected ways (the bottom of the 3 visible trash icons—the topmost deletes
the relation itself, while the middle deletes the selected tag from the
relation).
4. Click OK to close the relation editor.
5. Select Presets -> Relations -> Multipolygon (the selected ways should
still be selected at this point)
6. Follow the usual steps to create a new relation.
7. If needed, add a way to close the polygon for both relations and add
this new way to both relations.

Better yet, how about we have a meetup to talk about JOSM tips and tricks?
:-)