Dear everyone,

As the Typhoon Hagupit/Ruby continues to pass through central
Philippines we are actively mapping areas where we expect will most
likely have great damage.  The tasks are available in the wiki [0].

Note that our priority is to improve basemap information.  There are
other groups geocoding non-basemap information such as rescue tweets,
request for assistance, person finder, etc.  We are closely working
with these groups too.  Basic to geocoding this information is for us
to have good basemap.

As always the international community of mappers are helping us [1].
For local mappers what we need from you is to help us look into the
expected stream of information in the coming hours/days.  This is for
us to re-direct efforts of basemapping in areas where information is
lacking or needs urgent update.

Please have a look at the map and the TM jobs and tell us if there are
areas we are missing detailed basemap.   We also need more local
people in doing a bit more coordinations tasks.  If you are
interested, let me and Mark Cupitt know so we can add you in the
coordination skype window.

Thanks!

[0]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Typhoon_Hagupit_%28Ruby%29#How_YOU_can_Contribute_and_Help