Good Day!

Junior Philippine Computer Society YouthMappers (JPCS YouthMappers) has been
invited to conduct a mapping activity by Project JUANda [0] for the upcoming
event for District 2 of Manila on July 21.

The mapping will focus on:

  *   Locating where the PWD’s people lives.
  *   Updating the streets of the area, and establishments for the
Evacuation/Emergency map for TILAK. TILAK is a group of PWD’s people who cater
and support the PWD’s within their barangay.
  *   Conduct a workshop/seminar how map can help them, how to utilize and/or
create a digital and/or physical map for their own need.
  *   Help the barangay officials and TILAK to have their own map. (from the
last meeting with Project JUANda and TILAK group, they said that, they don’t
have any map)
  *   Bring awareness to the youth and PWD’s how they can help.
  *   Using the World Cleanup Day, we will also include mapping the waste
sites/location, in preparation of World Cleanup Day event on September 15, 2018.

Equipment to be used:

  *   Field Papers (both with OSM data only and satellite imagery)
  *   World Cleanup Day Mobile app (for trashpoints location)
  *   Mobile phone (for communication)
  *   Computer with internet (for the osm basic workshop/seminar)
  *   Cartolina and Pens (for physical mapping, without computer and internet
purpose)

The whole activity will not only focuses on mapping, it will also consist of
Profiling of PWD’s, Filipino Sign Language (FSL) and other workshop/seminar
that will focuses on DRR awareness. We are now in finalization of the whole
activity flow for July 21. Final meeting and orientation will be on July 14,
will keep it posted here for more updates about the activity.

Questions:

  *   By using the OSM, can we place a tag for the location of PWD’s residence
in the map?
  *   We are currently searching but currently having a hard time, how can we
create a visual presentation using the data in OSM? Like creating a visual
presentation of heights of buildings for flood map.

[0]:
https://www.facebook.com/Project-JUANda-Philippines-963992413721906/?fref=mentions&hc_location=group

Thank You,

Pierre Edwin L. See Tiong