Frankie Roberto <fran...@frankieroberto.com> schrieb:

> Dave F wrote:
> > My initial response would be to agree with Chris M. & query whether
> > it should be included in the main database. It does seem to get in
> > the way a bit. However, being a newbie, I'm willing to hear
> > arguments for it.
> >

> I'm not sure about it either. Long-term, it might be better to
> incorporate the information on the bus stop nodes themselves
> (pay_scale_area=XXX perhaps). However, given that'd it'd take a while
> to copy this information over (and it'd be harder to keep it up to
> date), perhaps we're best off just living with the boundary for the
> moment...

The main reason why I imported the Plusbus data was because it was
available as part of the NaPTAN import. But I also think since we add
bus routes to the database it surely makes sense to add geographically
defined pay scale areas. However, if the body of public transport
related data grows further it might make sense in the (far) future to
keep parts of it in a separate database.

The problem I see with adding the PlusBus zone reference to the bus
stops is that we then need to find a place where to store the other
information about the zones (like name and ref). I considered using a
relation for each PlusBus zone but Thomas told me that this does not
work because there are to many bus stops within the zones.

> > I think it's only a matter of time before I come across a POI that
> > proudly proclaims - "This is the spot where Sandra Hutchinson first
> > let me stick my hand up her jumper" :-)
> >

> Heh. Sounds a bit like the geo information which is captured in the
> Open Plaques project (http://www.openplaques.org/) which I run...

Neat! In Birmingham we have started to put the blue plaques in the OSM
database as memorials.

Cheers,
Christoph