From: talk-transit-boun...@openstreetmap.org
[mailto:talk-transit-boun...@openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Wood
Sent: 22 March 2010 12:43 PM
To: Public transport/transit/shared taxi related topics
Subject: Re: [Talk-transit] New versions of NaPTAN now publicly available
under free license?

The dumps that OSM has imported (and still is slowly importing, when I
get around to it), were provided directly by the DfT via their NaPTAN
download site, which always contains the current dataset (I believe
updated at least daily).

I will continue to import the dataset that is dated as 1st August 2009
22:21:35, so that we have a consistent set of data across the whole of
the UK.

Future update processes will be designed in such a way to replace data
that has not been touched by OSM users, and flag possible conflicts
between OSM and any NaPTAN changes for human review.

Regards,
Thomas