Ed,

Great to see someone from the CUTR efforts chiming in here.

Just to clarify one point, when you say "locational errors in GTFS",
you're referring to issues with the source data from the particular
agencies that you're working with, rather than anything having to do
with the representation format itself.  This has also been an
occasional issue with stop data being imported into OSM from NaPTAN.

One of the most important things that we can accomplish with these
efforts is to help find ways to establish two-way flows between these
official sources of data and the distributed army of volunteers and
developers who have a vested interest in improving the accuracy of
their local data.  The progress with this here in the UK has been slow
but encouraging, and there has lately been a lot of good work by the
transit agencies in Boston and New York to be more responsive to
feedback from consumers of the data.

Cheers,
Joe