2 Sep 2021, 20:08 by skqu...@rushpost.com:

> On 9/2/21 12:03, Tony Shield wrote:
>
>> Guys
>>
>> Wandering through OPNVKarte I noted a railway line running through
>> Kielder Water - an impossibility, further investigation showed the
>> railway ways as abandoned or razed and part of a relation
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/8213509/history , the Riccarton
>> and Hexham railway. I suspect it was being rendered due to the
>> route=train tag being set in the relation even though state=abandoned is
>> present.
>>
>> There is a similar rendering for the similarly abandoned Solway Junction
>> Railway -
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/9220571#map=11/54.9165/-3.2530&layers=O
>>

>> As these two railways have long being extinct is it correct for them to
>> be route=train which I regards as current use,  or should they be a new
>> thing such as route=historic?
>>

> My gut reaction is to say this doesn't belong in OSM at all, but rather
> OpenHistoricalMap or a similar project.

 If there are no traces of such route(route, not rails) I think that
deletionwould be a good idea.

Though I would try to contact authors ofa relation via changeset comments.

Sadly, some people incorrectly map railstuff that is completely, utterly and
fullygone in OpenStreetMap instead of
OpenHistoricalMap