Hi -

This might not be the right group to direct this technical question - but I'll
put it out there anyhow.

I noticed a little while ago that city polygons where added to the OSM database
(at least in the SF Bay Area) - and that's a good thing.  There is a city
boundary that runs along a major road between San Jose and Campbell that I
meant to clean up, by getting it to run along the median of the street.  I was
also going to redigitize this road as the dual carriageway that it is.  Here's
a junction between Bascom Ave, California Highway 85, and some of the city
polygon boundaries:

 http://www.openstreetmap.com/?lat=37.254578&lon=-121.951574&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF

Every time I try to edit (or even select) the city polygon - to delete
unnecesary points, or to get it to run nicely up the middle of the road -
potlatch gets stuck in a loop.  It eventually shows me a warning:  "A script in
this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly.  If it continues to
run, your computer may become unresponsive.  Do you wish to abort the script?"
After which, it's impossible to complete the edit.

This problem is making it difficult to clean up this street.  Are the
developers aware of this problem?  Is there anything that can be done?  I was
hoping that the new version of Potlatch would correct the problem, but it's not
the case.

-Alan