Does the 2008 data (will the 2009 data) maintain the TIGER ids from
the original import?  If so, a two stage approach may appeal.

Adding addressing data to the existing network should be relatively
simple if we can rely on TIGER ids to match old and new road segments.
 This would be even simpler if we take the addressing data from the
original dataset used for the first import.

Updating geometry is a bigger deal.  We've used OpenJump / RoadMatcher
in Canada with fair to good results so far.  The folks in France are
using a different approach to import the cadastre data and detect
duplicates.

Best regards,
Richard