Alan Mintz wrote:

> How should one tag a no-right-turn-on-red-light restriction? Like other
> turn restrictions, with restriction=no_right_turn_on_red?

I think this is going too far into depth for any real navigation
purpose, I'd say skip it as the restriction lasts for only seconds at a
time, and in most cases, with no fixed timeline.  Or if it is on a fixed
cycle (such as downtown Portland's 29-second red lights forming a
58-second cycle, which allows most road users to go in the direction of
travel at 15 MPH to hit every green, or pedestrians to walk against the
flow to hit every walk light), the restriction is short enough to
render it neglegable.

There's also a slippery-slope angle to this...if we start trying to tag
for "on red" restrictions, this becomes stupidly difficult to tag for.
Québec (and I believe many other, mostly francophone, regions) for
example, prohibits all turns on red in any direction at all
intersections.  Oregon and presumably a few other states allow turns
after stop on red arrows by default, and permit both left and right turn
after stop on red when the destination way is 1) the next way entering
the intersection immediately left or right, and 2) if it's a left, the
destination street is one way.  In another words, you can turn left on
red or red arrow from a two-way street into a freeway
onramp or other one-way side-street (in practice, outside urban
centers, we get too many transplants who don't know how to drive in
Oregon, who try to apply the rules of the road from wherever
backwards place they learned to drive, blocking traffic through legal
movement opportunities until the signal literally cannot get any
greener, finally pushing normally patient Oregonians to lay down the
horn...we really need to treat out of state drivers getting licensed in
Oregon as totally new drivers subject to graduated licensing, since
it's clear other states are far more lax than we are in terms of
licensing standards).