> http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/import/tiger2osm/shape_to_osm-Tiger.py

> We'll work on making sure that these data look good and I think some
> people have some plans on how to get these integrated a bit at a time.

   Thanks to those who worked on the namefinder - it worked GREAT when I
tried it today.  (THANKS to those who created the new namefinder!)  It
properly identified my house by Hamlet, City, County, etc without my
including any of that information in the house number or street.    With
that in mind, the script tags everything with:

<tag k="addr:street" v="Big Grove Rd" />
<tag k="addr:state" v="MyState" />
<tag k="addr:county" v="MyCity, ST" />
<tag k="addr:country" v="US" />

I believe people have been saying that this information is not necessary,
and is_in is also not necessary for 99% of cases, so we can save space by
not including that for the Karlsruhe Schema.   (But I don't know how the
namefinder works).