On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Apollinaris Schoell <ascho...@gmail.com>wrote:

>> I'm highly in favor of doing the import, regardless. I think the
>> inaccuracies will be far easier to fix than to put the addressing in from
>> scratch. I've done a lot of mapping in my area, but haven't been willing to
>> start doing addresses, even before I knew that the TIGER import was coming
>> down the line. I would be willing to search out and fix errors though, since
>> all it will take is changing a few nodes.
>>

> That's just not happening. If bad data is in it's hard to verify it's
> wrong. If in doubt don't import. Empty map will tell everyone immediately
> there is work to do. Wrong data is hard to even figure out there is a need
> to survey.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "That's just not happening." Clarify?

I should add that my comment about being highly in favor of the import is
riding on the assumption that we'll have something like 'tiger:reviewed =
no' (with editor support) to mark unreviewed areas. Ideally, an indication
that an address is unreviewed would be passed along by any services that use
them.

- Dan