On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Fred Hillhouse

>>> me since I
>>> MA, RI, CT).
[ ... ]
> I'll have a quick look here and see how much time and space it would
> take me to create those tiles for you.  I'll let you know shortly.

Using bbox = (-73.58,41.03, -69.9,45.03) includes CT, VT, NH, RI but
cuts off a lot of empty ocean, and most of Maine.

Rendering z12 took 2.2 minutes and 34MB,

so guesstimate says

z13 8.8 min 136MB
z14 35.2 min 544MB
z15 140.8 min 2176MB
z16 563.2 min 8704MB
z17 2252.8 min 34816MB
z18 9011.2 min 139264MB

z12 to z18 inclusive about 200 hours of rendering time and 186GB of
image files.

Expanding the bounding box to include all of Maine, (and all that
empty ocean, plus some Quebec and New Brunswick) would double or
triple the totals.

If you would like those z12 tiles I generated (34MB), you'll find them here
http://weait.com/tiles12.tar.gz