On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 18:51 -0400, Anthony wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM, andrzej zaborowski <balr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The only tiger tag that is important to keep (to me) is the
> > tiger:tlid, all the other values can be pulled from the original TIGER
> > database provided the TLID.
>
> Unfortunately, that's also one of the hardest ones to keep, because it
> doesn't have any real world meaning.

So, the guys that actually went out and were nice enough to collect this
TIGER data and share it with us have names for all these things: TLIDs.
That's a pretty concrete, real-world meaning to some people.

<rant>
Geez, OSM means lots of different things to different people.  Tagging
truly is open, and people are encouraged to add tags that help _them_,
not that the rest of the rest of the world agrees on and loves.  Leave
the hard work of the people that laid the groundwork before you *alone*.
Go map.  Please.
</rant>

-- Dave