*GeoBus Meeting*:
    There will be a meeting tomorrow (September 30, 2010) about the GeoBus
project at 8:00pm Eastern Time.  This meeting will focus on some of the
GeoBus initiatives.  I don’t want to get caught up talking about funding,
what to do with the funding, and the possibility of buy a bus.  The focus of
this meeting will be to come up with what will define the GeoBus.

*GeoBus Call-In*:
September 30, 2010 8:00pm Eastern Time
 218-486-3891 x663610833

*My ideas for the GeoBus*:
    The idea of the GeoBus is a group of people who get people together and
map.  It will help build communities and promote mapping to special
interests groups.  It will be clearly defined and simple enough that other
people can easily pick it up.  It will focus on rural areas, parkland, and
special interests (such as hiking, biking, fishing, and skiing).  There may
be a physical geobus in the future, and this will help get the media
attention the geobus wants.  There is no need to have a bus in order for
GeoBus to be successful, instead, the physical bus should be a sign of the
the GeoBus’ success.  While the GeoBus can be a single bus going across the
country, the GeoBus can be a lot chain of events to promote mapping to the
masses.

*Triangle Mapping Party*:
    The Triangle mapping party is this weekend.  We are going to use this
party as a study of what the GeoBus can do.  This mapping party will include
some special interest mapping (such as biking) and we will use the people
who are mapping in this as a case study for what the GeoBus needs to do to
promote mapping to these groups.

Please reply to this with your ideas for the discussion, and if you are
available Thursday night, please sit in the meeting and discuss where you
believe the GeoBus should be going.

--
Jim McAndrew
j...@loc8.us