On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Greg Troxel <g...@ir.bbn.com> wrote:
> So if we have whole-multiple-counties=5 (eg
> NYC) county=6 township=7 city/town=8 then it would make sense
> everywhere.

What would be an example of a township that would be at admin_level=7?

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Greg Troxel <g...@ir.bbn.com> wrote:
> In Massachusetts, we have counties.  Counties don't do that much in
> terms of government, but have things like the District Attorney and
> Sherriff.

So...if they don't do that much, should they be mapped as admin_level?
 I was told that school districts don't count, because they don't do
enough, which has me totally confused as to what it is we're supposed
to be mapping.

Is there anyone else who, in the United States, uses the notion of
admin_level?  In other words, the notion that administrative districts
across the entire country can be ranked from 1-9 (or 1 to whatever)?
The big problem is that that administrative districts in the US aren't
really hierarchical, or, at least, many of them are not.