On 10/26/2010 12:42 PM, Anthony wrote:
As for the question of tagging, basically you can use relations, or
you can hack something up to simulate relations (specifically, to
handle the very common situation where there is more than one route
using the same way) without actually using relations.

I haven’t seen anyone say that route relations are not the way to go. Have you?

Then there's the question of how to render it.  Probably something to
discuss on a different list, like a mapnik-specific one.

Why? It’s a mostly US-specific problem, though I hear that at least shield rendering is also desired in Australia.

—Alex Mauer “hawke”