On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> On 12/05/2011 09:48 PM, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>>
>> I've tried a number of these options as well as Walking Papers as Brad
>> mentioned but (when they worked) they failed for what I needed because
>> they all used tiles downloaded from openstreetmap.org.
>
> Neither Walking Papers, nor Hikingbook, nor Maposmatic *ever* used tiles
> from osm.org.

Whatever the ultimate source, both Walking Papers and Maposmatic use
Mapnik style sheets close enough to the main osm.org style sheets that
the difference is irrelevant to me (for this purpose at least).  I
hadn't tried Hikingbook but I went and checked out some of the samples
that were in the wiki and it's at least 75% of what I need.  I
followed the links and found Mapweaver
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapweaver).  I may give this a
try and see what I can come up with.

--