At 2012-01-15 10:11, Ian Dees wrote:
In order to assist with road name checking I've set up a Mapnik layer rendering from TIGER 2011 ROADS data.

I also stumbled across the fact that the Census is making some of TIGER available as a WMS, too: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TIGER_2011#WMS

As I said earlier, one should not necessarily use TIGER11 to correct earlier TIGER05 names when the two differ. Positioning has improved tremendously in urban and sub-urban areas, but I'm finding lots of naming discrepancies. Better quality will result if we verify from additional sources, like those available from many counties. Note that the Census's BAS maps seem to be from the same source database as TIGER, though maybe extracted at different times.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>