James Mast <rickmastfa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well guys, as far as I know, as long as the non-CT user didn't add any
> tags to the node, all you have to do is move said node to a new
> coordinate and it should then be considered un-tainted.  That's what I
> was told and that's what happens on the OSM Inspector.  Plus, if
> you're using the License Change plugin in JOSM, you can see with that
> what nodes are considered "tainted" when you're cleaning a way. At
> least I don't have to worry about I-81 in TN getting axed.  I rebuild
> it from the ground up, and the only parts that could be considered
> tainted in any way are the ramps from I-40 or I-26 as I just retraced
> them and kept the nodes, but the nodes were all moved from their
> original locations. --James

One drawback to this new-coordinate technique is that, in some cases, the
tainted nodes will have been in the proper locations to match the real world.
So, in order to make the cleanup bot not consider the nodes to be tainted, we
have to knowingly make the map data less accurate than it had formerly been.

--
John F. Eldredge --  j...@jfeldredge.com
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to