On 6/19/2012 1:27 PM, Charlotte Wolter wrote:
Dear US folks,

I did a lot of work on the railroad that parallels I-40 across Arizona,
from Gallup, N.M., to Flagstaff, Ariz. There are two parallel tracks
with different names,
Not sure what you mean by this. The Gallup Subdivision (Belen-East Winslow) and Seligman Subdivision (East Winslow-Needles) both operate (at least east of Seligman) using centralized traffic control on 2+ main tracks.

> but OSM had only one of those tracks. I added the
second rail way and numerous side tracks, following the Bing imagery. It
was hours and hours of work.
Now someone has deleted most of the second line without contacting me or
discussing the issue on the mail list. Anyone know anything about this?

I assume you're talking about east of Holbrook. It's hard to tell, but looking at http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/137620560/history in JOSM before and after changeset 10173363, I see that it's now on the south track but had been on the north track.

In that changeset, you deleted one of the ways (a two-node crossover) you had previously added: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/137364047/history and you deleted a node where the siding had joined the north main track: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/1506904532/history