Chris Lawrence-2 wrote

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2@> wrote:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33.9958&lon=-81.1074&zoom=13&layers=M
>
> I've fixed up I-20 between the Columbia River and US 21; looks like
> the damage goes both west and east from there at least to US 1 (west)
> and I-77 (east) but I've got other things to do tonight so I can't fix
> it all.

I also started fixing the I-20 at the intersection to I-77, as the
Interstate system around Columbia, South Carolina is a total mess. However,
the I-77 north wards had so many issues, that I couldn't fix them all in a
single pass. I decided to do some initial fixup along the I-77, leaving a
number of intersections and the route relation broken. The question is, is
it better to fix up a small bit thoroughly, or try and get as much of the
interstate at least vaguely right as soon as possible, and leave the rest to
a second pass?

Unfortunately, I think I also ran into an editing conflict with you, as when
I wanted to upload my changes, potlatch complained about version miss match
on the I-20 relation.

As I didn't know how to fix the conflict, I lost about 15 minutes worth of
work trying to clean up the I-20 / I-77 intersection.

So another question is, what is the best way to coordinate the general
fixing of the interstate system to try and minimize editing conflicts?

Kai