On 12/11/2012 1:49 PM, Steven Johnson wrote:
Interested to hear what experiences other mappers have had in other
parts of the country.

My county has virtually the same copyright, and sells a GIS DVD for $500. For the time being, I have given up the idea of any import - the biggest gain for me would be addresses, but other than that, not much; I don't care about buildings at the moment.

I am keeping an eye out for any state legislation that might make taxpayer-funded GIS data public domain so that I can prod my local representatives to support it with confidence.