In regards to this and previous imports, I have found that this is by no
means the law when it comes to imports. In Canada we have / and still are
in the lengthy process of importing canvec data for the whole country. We
do this in a distributed approach. Each user can upload the data with their
own account. This is MUCH better in many cases as it encourages people to
upload the canvec data in their own area instead of a user sitting hundreds
of miles away uploading with a generic account. It also allows people to be
held responsible (in a good way) for their data. With a generic account
being used by multiple people mistakes are harder to track to the source.
By using individual accounts problems can be more easily tracked. Ie a user
is not fixing validator issues before uploading causing problems. With a
single user account tracking down the specific uploader is near impossible.

Just my two cents.

tl;dr Using individual accounts is better as it promotes uploading data in
ones area.

cheers,
ingalls