See the "Shawnee County" related threads on the imports list in December:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2012-December/thread.html

Although he only sent that message *after* doing at least some of the import.

I sent a message with specific problems I saw and he fixed some of
them. I do wish there would have been discussion about it before the
import happened...

Toby